Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas

My favorite holiday of the year is Christmas. And its not because of the presents. I mean its a great bonus, and I love Christmas shopping. But its just the season and the feeling. My favorite memories happened in the Christmas season. I remember waking up in the middle of the night with my sisters and sitting in front of the heater listening to Bing Crosby while watching the Christmas lights blink. White, green, red, blue, and pink lights flashing in the dark of the night on our 10 foot tree. Yes my Dad loves to get the biggest tree that can fit in our house, and we usually had to cut a foot off to fit it in with a star on. We would all cram into our tiny pickup and duck when we saw a cop. When we stopped to get the ticket my dad would get the raspberry and orange jelly sticks covered in chocolate. I don't even know what they're called, but I remember loving them. Oh... who doesn't love sitting in a nice warm house cuddled up in a blanket reading an extremely good book, while sipping hot chocolate  and watching the snow sprinkle (sometimes pour) onto the ground.

P.S. Stay tuned for more Christmas reminisces

No comments:

Post a Comment