Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! It's been a little while since I've posted. Since it's been Christmas Break my days have consisted of sleeping in, reading, taking a nap, eating food, reading, playing Mario Party 9 with Garrett, reading, eating more food, and sleeping till the next day. I have stayed in my pajamas pretty much the whole time. Well today I decided I wanted to do something different. So I started by cleaning myself up and doing my hair and makeup. (This took a whole hour, because as you can imagine I looked pretty scary.) I started flipping through a cookbook looking for a pancake recipe when a stumbled upon a donut recipe. Well I have learned my lesson.

Don't ever make donuts unless you have someone helping you who knows what they're doing  OR you're home alone and have enough time to hide the evidence and clean up the mess, (at least most of the mess.)

Well I had to call my sister-in-law with a few questions because the recipe was NOT clear enough. Then I realized the darn thing had to chill for 3 HOURS!!!! That is a long time to wait. Then when it was long past noon I tried to fry my donuts. At first the oil was too hot and kept splattering me so I have a few battle scars, (which unfortunately I lost the battle) The donuts were not cooking all the way through. So then I tried to bake them BIG MISTAKE. I won't go into any further detail other than Garrett's dog Katie is probably going to be REALLY REALLY REALLLLLLYYYY sick tomorrow. SHH..... its a secret he doesn't need to know. And as for the kitchen I had enough time to hide most of the mess before my mom got home. 

CAUTION: Do not try this at home!!!

P.S. Just learn from my mistake. You'll be happier if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment